“... the traditional Buddhist text the Heart Sutra, with the Providence Singers. This piece ends in a glorious burst of musical joy.”
Subscriptions for the choral season | Save on tickets; enjoy more choral music
Our March and May concerts both feature a world première:
In March, we’ll offer Michael Galib’s Different Ways to Pray, a setting of Naomi Shihab Nye’s extraordinary poem, composed just for the Providence Singers.
In May, you’ll hear Ola Gjeilo’s Westminster Bridge, a setting of William Wordsworth’s poem. Gjeilo’s composition will be the third work commissioned through the Providence Singers’ Wachner Fund for New Music. The Aurea Ensemble joins us for the program.
You’ll meet some old friends along the way — Edvard Grieg, Charles Ives, Jean Sibelius, Leonard Bernstein — and lots of great composers you could be hearing for the first time.
The Choral Half of the Season
Your choral subscription includes:
- Music for Chorus and Percussion (March 11-12, 2017)
- Northern Voices: Scandinavia and the Baltics (May 13-14, 2017)
The Providence Singers uses Brown Paper Tickets to provide you:
- a secure online purchasing environment with choice of payment options (credit card, PayPal account);
- your choice of ticket delivery (print your own, receive printed tickets by mail, have your tickets waiting for you at the door, or load the tickets onto your smart phone);
- low administrative fees (99 cents per subscription, plus applicable credit card fee).
As always, you can buy subscriptions through our office or from any member of the chorus.